My name is Sarah Barkoff Palma. My last name used to just be Barkoff until recently when I got hitched. I am still adjusting to my new identity, so I think of my new last name as an alias, and it’s become my new favorite game. Here are some basic facts about moi.
1. You guys, I’m 30 years old! I feel very old and wise to announce this news. Actually, I don’t feel old at all. In fact, I feel like stuff’s just about to get good.
2. I am married to Matt who is a medical student/genius/Adonis. I’m definitely gonna hold onto him with the jaws of life, if you know what I mean. He’s a smarty pants who has no idea how good-looking he is. <–SCORE!
3. We lived in Grenada (which is in the West Indies) for two years so he could attend med school, but now we live in Park Slope where he’s doing his clinical rotations, and I’m writing, writing, and more writing.
4. I’m not from New York, but I’ve lived here for the past 10 years. I am from Deeeeeeetroit, Michigan and my whole family still lives there <—TEAR :’(
5. I was a child actress and grew up traveling the United States in Broadway musicals.
6. My day job is doing huuuuuuur (that’s hair) and teaching hair-cutting to very talented apprentice’s.
7. I have what I like to call an acquired sense of humor. Do with that information what you will.
8. I graduated from the New School.
9. I’m Italiano.
10. However, I don’t eat that much pasta. I eat salads…lots of them…Not to brag, but I’m kind of a connoisseur of the salad.
11. I love show tunes. Like, a lot. Like, a lot, a lot.
12. My husband is my teenage dream. Also, do with that information what you will.
13. I love to sing and dance.
14. I love Jane Austen, Brit movies, and Brit singers. I am kind of a Brit brat.
15. I enjoy real life mystery shows.
16. I recently just finished writing a young adult novel, and am seeking representation. I’m also presently working on completing my first screenplay.
Basically I am writing this blog so I can rant and rave about my daily random musings, my Larry David moments, stuff that makes me laugh so hard I pee, and basically stuff that I contemplate, deliberate, and speculate about.
“Feel free to listen. Feel free to stare.” -Ani Difranco
“If one scheme of happiness fails, human nature turns to another; if the first calculation is wrong, we make a second better.” – Jane Austen